Help and Support
Having trouble? Need help fixing a problem in Orca Browser?
Feel free to navigate through the options we have supplied for support.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Orca Browser?
- Orca Browser can be best described as a custom web browser application. It is a standalone application designed and built upon the success of Avant Browser and the widely popular Gecko rendering engine.
- Is Orca Browser spyware?
- No, Orca Browser is not spyware. Orca Browser does not collect any information from users.
- Is Orca Browser free?
- Yes, Orca Browser is absolutely free! Orca Browser is freeware. You can use it for free, no registration is required, and there are NO limitations whatsoever. However, if you wish to express your appreciation for the time and resources I've expended developing and supporting it over the years, I do accept and appreciate monetary donations. If you wish to make a donation, please click here. Your support will keep Orca Browser alive and powerful.
- Does Orca Browser come with a uninstaller? Do I need to uninstall the old copy before I install a new version?
- Yes, Orca Browser comes with an uninstaller. It is suggested, but not mandatory, to uninstall the old copy and reboot your computer before installing a new version.
- Is Orca Browser a secure browser?
- Yes, Orca Browser is very secure. Since it's based on Avant Browser and the Gecko rendering engine, Orca Browser is as secure as Avant Browser. Orca Browser supports all SSL secured websites and its encryption length is the same as Avant Browser.
- How does Orca Browser work?
- Based on services provided by Mozilla's Gecko rendering engine, Orca Browser renders and navigates HTML and CSS.
- How does Orca Browser improve Internet browsing?
- Orca Browser is an Application built with MDI (Multiple-Document-Interface) technology. With MDI technology, fewer system resources are used, web page loading is faster, and all opened pages can be easily controlled at user's pleasure. Orca Browser also benefits from using the standards compliant based Gecko Rendering Engine.
- What is the Integrated Search Engine?
- Orca Browser is integrated with Yahoo/Google, the most powerful search engines in the world. User can search the internet with Orca Browser directly, without opening Yahoo/Google's homepage. You can also easily change the integrated search engine to use whatever service you choose from within Orca Browser's Options menu.
- What are extensions?
- Extensions are add-ons that you install into Orca Browser. Orca Browser has the ability to use Firefox extensions to extend the functionality of the browser using the built in Gecko Rendering Engine. Visit Mozilla's add-ons site to download extensions.
- Why doesn't a lot of the extensions work in Orca Browser?
- Orca Browser was not built the same way Firefox was and as a result alot of extensions that alter the interface of Orca Browser will not work. For example, if an extension that you install is supposed to change the color of the tabs then that extension will not work. This might change in the future but it has not been decided yet.
- What are the system requirements for Orca Browser?
- You will need 300 MHz or higher processor, 128MB RAM or more. The operating system should be Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP, or Windows Vista. Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4 and lower are no longer supported.
For ideal performance: a user should have at least Windows XP.
- Tested Systems:
- Celeron 1.7G / 128 Ram / Windows 2000 + Service Pack 4
- AMD K7 800 / 256 Ram / Windows XP Home Edition
- Pentium-4 2.4G / 512 Ram / Windows XP Professional + Service Pack 1
- Pentium-4 2.5G / 2GB Ram / Windows Vista Home Premium + Service Pack 1
- I have problems in using Orca Browser - to whom should I write?
- If you are having problem in using Orca Browser, please post your problem in the Orca Browser Forum, Fans and Moderators in the forum will help you.